To best optimize your pet shop business using your booxi account, this is how we suggest setting things up:
Step 1: Categories
If you service multiple different types of pets, it would be a good idea to categorize your service according to which animals they are meant to serve, as well as the type of Service being offered!
- Go to your Services Tab
- Click on Add a new category
- Type in the name of your new category (ex: Dog Grooming, Cat Grooming, Dog Training, Other Animal Grooming, etc.)
- Repeat this process for all your relevant categories
- And you’re done! Your categories will now be created!
Step 2: Services
Pets, especially dogs, come in all different shapes and sizes! You might not want to offer the same price and the same duration of your services for all different sizes of dogs. Therefore, we recommend creating separate services for each size of dog: Big, Medium, and Small - some might even want to use weight (1-15 lbs, 16-35 lbs, 35+ lbs, for example)!
- Go to your Services Tab
- Click on Add a new service
- Type in the name of your new service (ex: Bath - Small Dog, Bath - Medium Dog, Bath - Big Dog, etc.)
- Customize the price and duration of your service in Service Details, as well as assign the correct personnel to it in Assigned Personnel
- Repeat these steps for all of your services
Step 3: Appointment Recall (For Followups)
All pet owners know that regular appointments are important in maintaining their pet’s wellness. You can help them schedule follow up appointments by sending out an Automated Reminder to your customers to book their next Appointment!
- Go to your My Business Tab
- Select Appointment Rules
- Near the bottom of the menu, Activate Appointment Recall (change it from grey to blue)
- Set up the Appointment Recall Delay to whatever time frame you want
- Now, when you complete your appointments in your booxi Calendar, you will be prompted with a window asking to send a Reminder to schedule a Followup Appointment in a certain time
- You can customize the delay and the type of service to be exactly what you want!
Step 4: Client Messages (Optional)
Client Messages is an extra feature in booxi that does not come standard on your booxi subscription, but can be added for you upon request (subject to additional cost). If your clients don’t need to stay with their pets for the whole time the service is being done, it might be helpful for you to be able to quickly and easily get in contact with them just to inform them that their pet is ready to be picked up!
- Go to your Calendar Tab
- Right click on the appointment you want to contact your customer about
- Select Notify Client
- Type in your message to your customer, and you can even save it as a preset to be able to send the same message to multiple customers without having to type the same thing over and over again.
- **IMPORTANT**: This feature will not work if you have not indicated to us that you would like it added to your account!
If you want to add online payment, here are the steps to follow.
Then all you have to do is to turn your booxi account online, add the book now button directly on your Website and your Facebook page and your customers will be able to book online.