Step 1 – Add new staff member
You can add personnel to manage appointments for them, or to simply to show your entire team on your website. You can disable online booking for a specific personnel, but we strongly encourage you to enable booking for all of your personnel. For a receptionist, you can add a personnel without setting the profile status to online; this way the person will have access to booxi, and will not be displayed in your website.
- Click "Personnel" from the left side menu bar
- Click on the + icon at the top of the list of personnel to add a new personnel.
- Provide a First and Last name that will be displayed online.
- Provide an Email Address that will be used by booxi to communicate with this person, but will not be displayed online.
- Check the option Invite to join booxi, if you wish to invite this person to use booxi. You can also do this later.
- Click on Create and your new personnel is created.
Step 2 – Configure personnel
The profile of each personnel gives you access to its details, assigned services, work hours schedule, appointment rules and associated picture.
- Select a member of your personnel from the list.
- Click on Personnel Details.
- You can modify the First and Last name which will be displayed online.
- Change the Position to reflect what is the profession of this person.
- Provide a Mobile and Work phone number which will not be displayed online, but used to communicate with the person.
- Provide an Email address, not displayed online and also used to communicate with the person.
- Fill in Bio. This can been seen by your cliental.
- Once completed, click on Save at the top of the form to save your changes, or Undo to cancel your changes.
Step 3 – Assign Services
You can select which services this personnel offers, so that clients can only request an appointment for the right service with this personnel.
- Click on Assigned Services.
- Click to apply a check mark on each service the personnel offers. Click Save once complete.
Step 6 – Setup Work Schedule
- Under "Work Schedule" within the personnel page
If this personnel always works during open hours, you can simply set his work schedule at Open Business Hours; if he has different weekly schedule, choose Work Schedule and provide the schedule following the steps below; but if his schedule is decided on a daily, weekly or biweekly basis, you should choose Free Calendar and add available time slots directly in his calendar.
To build a weekly schedule, specify time slots for each day of the week. You may provide multiple time slots per day, if for example the personnel has a lunch break (9:00-12:00 and another one for 13:00-18:00). You may also leave a day without time slots if he does not work on that day.
Step 7 – Setup Appointment Rules
The appointment rules allows you to tell booxi how to manage appointments and availability for this personnel if they differ from the rules set from your Business Details page.
- Click on Appointment Rules to access and modify the rules.
Enable Online Booking - If enabled, your clients will be able to make online bookings from this personnel's schedule. If disabled, they will not appear in online bookings.
Show Availability Online
If showing availability online, this rule will display and offer to consumers the time slots that are still available, so they can book a specific time.
When this rule is disabled, the client is asked to provide up to 5 available general time slots from his calendar (i.e morning/afternoon/evening) and you can than find a matching availability in your schedule and confirm the booking with your client.
This rule allows you to fix the interval of available time slots that will be presented to a client when booking online. It is suggested to set this interval to the duration of the shortest service you offer. For example, if you only offer 1 hour appointments, set it to 60 min to prevent clients from booking at 8h15, 8h30 or 8h45, leaving empty time slots of less than 1 hour. With an interval of 60 min, clients will only be able to request appointments at 8h00, 9h00, 10h00 and so on.