It’s easier than ever to speak with a professional using booxi video conference. Here is a step by step guide on how to connect to your videoconference appointment using booxi.
- Once your booking (appointment or reservation) has been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your booking details, including a video conference link.
2. In this example, the confirmation email provides the name of the professional you would be virtually meeting, the date and time of the conference, and video conference link to connect when the time comes.
If you try to click on the video link more than one hour before the scheduled conference, you will see this message.
3. The booxi video conference solution doesn’t require installing any additional software on your desktop or smartphone, it’s ready to use. Your browser may ask you to grant camera and microphone access to join.
- Click on the video conference link (a new browser tab will open)
- Click on Join to start the session
This video conference interface will appear.
At the bottom of the screen, you will see 4 icons. These icons are to mute/unmute yourself, enable/disable your camera, share your screen, and leave the conference.
At the top right of the page, you will see additional icons, another mute/unmute icon, an option to make your video full screen, and the last one gives you access to camera and microphone settings in case you need to fix something. This microphone icon will animate when you talk, so you can use this to see if your microphone works.
The big screen in the center shows you the participant in focus with his name on the top left corner; while the other participants appear as small thumbnails on your right. You can click on any participant on the right to bring him to the center focus, back and forth.
4. Use the screen sharing option at the bottom, if ever you would like to share your screen with the other participants.
- Click on the Share Screen icon at the bottom of the page.
- You may have to select the screen you want to share and confirm by clicking on Share.
To stop sharing your screen, click the Stop Sharing Screen icon at the bottom.
Please note: Screen sharing on mobile is not available.
The booxi video conference solution works both on desktop and mobile devices.
When you click on the link from your phone, you will be asked to allow it to use your camera and microphone. Click join to start the video conference.
booxi video conference works on Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
* Chrome and Firefox for iOS do not have access to WebRTC APIs, unlike Safari for iOS.
** The isSupported flag returns false for versions 2.0.0 or below. This will be rectified in 2.0.1.
If you experience problems getting your microphone or camera working, click on the settings icon at the top right of the screen, and try to change your audio or camera devices. You can see if your camera works, and the small microphone icon will animate when you talk if your microphone works.
Also Make sure you have granted permission for your browser and this site to use your camera and microphone, which is a common mistake.
Finally, try to unplug and plug back your camera or microphone peripherals, and refresh the browser page to start again.
- You can't access the video conference page
Have you accidentally blocked your browser from accessing your microphone and camera ? Make sure you allow your browser to access the microphone and camera.
Are you behind a corporate firewall ? If so, check with your IT.
Do you have an ad blocker extension on your browser ? If so, try to disable it for the duration of the call.
Check to see if your browser requires an update.
- Other people can't hear you
Check the call settings and make sure the appropriate microphone and speakers are selected.
We recommend using a headset with an integrated microphone for the video conference.
Some bluetooth headsets allow to connect to 2 devices simultaneously, make sure it's only connected to the device you want to join video on
- People can't see you
Access the video configuration page and make sure the right camera is selected
Remove physical masks off your camera, if any
Try switching browser (going to Chrome or Firefox, from Edge or Safari)
- Choppy video / Audio Lag
Test your network speed here (Minimum bandwidth required is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down).
If you have multiple wifi access points, try to switch for a different one with a strong signal, or select one on a different band (often 5ghz antennas are less congested than 2.4 ghz)
Minimize other high bandwidth consumption services on your device and wifi (gaming, streaming, downloading large files, etc).
Move closer to the router, or physically connect an ethernet cable.
- General Troubleshooting Steps
Close and reopen your browser
Reboot your personal electronic device
Update your browser software version
Try to access the video conference from a different device
Limit bandwidth usage by other apps or other users in your home network
*Disclaimer: Please note that booxi's video conferencing platform does not record any calls. This type of technical function is not currently possible.