Here are some ways to set up booxi to meet the specific needs of your beauty salon!
Creating Your Services
If your salon has services such as Electrolysis, it may be easier for you to create all your services based on the different amounts of time that customers will be able to book. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Services tab
2. Click on add a new category
3. Name your category “Electrolysis” or whatever you want to call it
4. Click on add a new service
5. Name your service “Electrolysis 5 Minutes”
6. Configure the price, duration, and assigned personnel for this service
7. Repeat this process by creating a new service for each of your different durations
And you’re done! Now, your customers will be able to book specific amounts of time for their treatment!
Modifying Your Services
Here are some ways you can modify your services to better suit your business needs!
If you need some time between customers to clean up, process their payment, and prepare for your next client, consider adding a spacing after your services. In your Service Details for each service, you can choose an amount of spacing to add after your service, and choose if it is Busy (customers can’t book during this time) or Available (customers can book during this time)!
Another detail you can modify is your booking question. This question gets asked to your customer before they finalize their reservation, and can be made mandatory so that they cannot reserve without answering. This question can be useful to find out about any allergies or special requests your customer may have or need!
Setting Up Resources
You may have a limited number of rooms in your salon that you would need to manage, or you may have a piece of equipment that is only in your salon a few days per week. Resources can help solve both of these issues. Here’s how to set them up:
1. Click on the Resources tab
2. Click on Add a new resource
3. Add a name to your resource
4. Assign any services that you would need this resource for
5. Customize the availability schedule of this resource to Open Business Hours, Weekly Work Schedule, or Calendar, and then set the times the resource is available
6. Repeat this process for any rooms and equipment you might have
And you’re done! You now have your resources set up!
With all of your staff and resources, you will likely have several calendars to manage at the same time. Luckily, booxi has given you a simple way to see all of your daily calendars at the same time! Just follow these steps:
1. Click on the Calendar tab
2. Select Day View in the top left corner
3. Select Displayed Schedule in the top left corner
4. Check off all the personnel and resources you want to see for that day
5. In the top right corner, click on More Options
6. Select Compact View
Now, you should be able to see a condensed view of all of your staff, equipment, and room schedules for the day!
Custom Pricing/Duration Per Employee
If you have a new employee starting at your salon, you might want to change their pricing and service durations to show that they are still learning. Here is how you can do that:
1. Click on the Personnel tab
2. Select the employee you want to edit
3. Click on Assigned Services
4. Find the service you want to edit
5. Click on Customize this service
6. Change the price and duration to whatever you want
7. Repeat these steps for all other services you want to modify
And you’re done! Now, this employee will have their own pricing and durations without changing yours or other employees!
For appointments that require followups after a certain period of time, you can configure booxi to send out a reminder to the customer to book their next appointment. Here's how to set it up:
1. Go to your My Business Tab
2. Select Appointment Rules
3. Near the bottom of the menu, Activate Appointment Recall (change it from grey to blue)
4. Set up the Appointment Recall Delay to whatever time frame you want
Now, when you complete your appointments in your booxi Calendar, you will be prompted with a window asking to send a Reminder to schedule a Followup Appointment in a certain time
If you want to add online payment, here are the steps to follow.
Then all you have to do is to turn your booxi account online, add the book now button directly on your Website and your customers will be able to book online.